Become a Mentor
It takes a special person to be a mentor. Volunteering as a mentor can be very gratifying for those that want to be involved.
- A mentor works on two levels: supporting the mentee in meeting essential academic requirements and in helping her envision and take steps toward the career she desires.
- A mentor can help someone develop attainable goals and specific steps required to reach those goals. They also help someone identify or rediscover their strengths, talents and abilities.
- A mentor can help people identify resources and connect people to resources and develop skills in their community where they live that will help them reach their goals.
- A mentor can help their mentees learn to solve problems and sometimes mentors just listen and are there to talk to.
- Sometimes mentors just listen and are there to talk to.
Please click on the links below to read our mentoring success:
and, Shonta and Debbie